Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2008/12/04 11:21:22 UTC

update-false branch in progress

If you're interested in hacking some CouchDB / Erlang, this half-done
patch could use your help!

I've just checked in some intermediate work on the road toward view
group server state. I have converted it mostly to gen_server, and I
think it should work in theory. However I'm getting the kind of minor
errors that mean it's time for bed..

I've got all the necessary debug logging in there, but it's time to go
to sleep, so if anyone wants to debug this until the tests pass,
you're welcome to, otherwise, I'll be back at it tomorrow.

http://github.com/jchris/couchdb/tree/update-false/trunk/src/couchdb/couch_view_group.erl#L77

I think I might be suffering from record syntax confusion (line 77 is
the site of the error). Fresh eyes...

The gen_server implementation is turning out to be much simpler than I
expected, I think it may be less code than the raw ! and receive
version.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com