Posted to jaxme-dev@ws.apache.org by Brian Uri! <br...@urizone.net> on 2006/11/13 15:59:41 UTC

JaxME WS Error: Element is blocked for substitution.

Hello,

	I have a schema which validates correctly. When I attempt to parse it with
ws-jaxme-0.5.2, I receive a LocSAXException because the parser believes that an
element is blocked for substitution.

Here is the schema:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
	targetNamespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
	elementFormDefault="qualified" version="3.1.1">

	<element name="baseElement" type="string"/>
	<element name="substituteElement" type="string"
substitutionGroup="gml:baseElement"/>
</schema>

And, here is the error message:

org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.parser.impl.LocSAXException: At
file:/C:/Temp/testFile.xsd, line 11, column 87: The substituted element
{http://www.opengis.net/gml}baseElement is blocked for substitution.
	at
org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.impl.XSLogicalParser.createSubstitutionGroups(XSLogicalParser.java:560)
	at
org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.impl.XSContentHandlerImpl.endDocument(XSContentHandlerImpl.java:80)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.endDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.impl.XSLogicalParser.parse(XSLogicalParser.java:642)
	at org.apache.ws.jaxme.xs.XSParser.parse(XSParser.java:153)

Since the element does not have a "block" attribute, and the schema does not
have a "blockDefault" attribute, I believe this may be an issue with the
parser. If not, is there a way to modify the data so this substitution works?

Thanks for any help,
BU

Re: JaxME WS Error: Element is blocked for substitution.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/06, Brian Uri! <br...@urizone.net> wrote:

>         I have a schema which validates correctly. When I attempt to parse it with
> ws-jaxme-0.5.2, I receive a LocSAXException because the parser believes that an
> element is blocked for substitution.

I am sorry, but I am unable to reproduce your problem with the given schema.

If you still believe, there is a problem, please create a complete
sample project and attach it to some Jira issue.

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)