Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Bishop <mi...@dataline.com> on 2003/09/08 17:11:00 UTC

More PostgreSQL woes...

Hello,
     I've been following the thread on PostgreSQL and thanks to the script modifications, I've managed to get Jetspeed up and running.  I'm running Java 1.4.1 with Tomcat 4.1.27 and Jetspeed 1.4b4.  It's a Windows 2000 Server system and the version of Postgres is 7.3.4.  I have the latest version of Village (1.5.3) and the latest PostgreSQL driver (August 7th, 2003).  My problem is logging in.  I get the Integer conversion error: Horrible Exception: com.workingdogs.village.DataSetException: Bad conversion: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string:

It appears that the patch at the bottom of this page will solve that problem: http://db.apache.org/torque/postgres-howto.html

Has anyone built the driver with this patch and had success?  Anyone willing to distribute it if it solves the above error with Jetspeed?  I'd like to get ahold of it and continue configuring Postgres to run with Jetspeed.

Michael Bishop

AW: More PostgreSQL woes...

Posted by Roland Jernej <ro...@aon.at>.
Hi!

Had the same Problem.
The Attachment should make the db correct.

If not, search the archives
with "Can't Jetspeed get starting with postgresql"

there all other things are explained.

Greetings
Roland