Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Michael Allan <mi...@zelea.com> on 2012/01/24 02:34:08 UTC

To enable client-side page caching

I'd like to enable client-side page caching for stateless pages.  I'm
migrating from 1.3 to 1.5 and the migration guide says, "All Wicket
pages are by default non-cacheable as in 1.4".
https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/caching-in-wicket-15.html

We do a lot of back-and-forth navigation and I'd like to keep it light
and responsive.  Is there an API to re-enable caching?  Or do I set
the response headers myself?

Should I expect any problems?  Again, I'm not sure it makes a
difference, but this is only for pages that pass the
@StatelessComponent test.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528
http://zelea.com/

Re: To enable client-side page caching

Posted by Michael Allan <mi...@zelea.com>.
PPS,

This isn't enough:

> > ... Is there an API to re-enable caching?  Or do I set
> > the response headers myself?
>
> Sorry, I see the answer is WebResponse.enableCaching() ...

You must also override WebPage.setHeaders().  It isn't documented so I
updated the wiki and opened a bug on the 1.5.4 API:

Posted by Michael Allan <mi...@zelea.com>.
> We do a lot of back-and-forth navigation and I'd like to keep it light
> and responsive.  Is there an API to re-enable caching?  Or do I set
> the response headers myself?

Sorry, I see the answer is WebResponse.enableCaching().  Just this
question, then:

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, +1 416-699-9528