Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by David García <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/02 14:56:20 UTC

IllegalStateException with include -> forward -> autoFlush

Hi,

I´m getting a "Cannot forward after response has been committed" exception
in the following scenario that I don´t know how to avoid:

A portlet´s render method includes a servlet which, in turn, forwards to a
quite long JSP.

The last "forward" is the cause for the above mentioned exception when
autoFlush=true in the "main" page (the one with the <pluto:portlet> tag).

If I set autoFlush="false" in the main page I get a "JSP buffer overflow"
exception.
One solution would be to set the buffer size to 64KB or even larger with
autoFlush="false", but I would prefer not to change that.
I don´t want to waste memory with large buffers and besides you have to ask
yourself *when* is it large enough?

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot folks.