Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by klute <so...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/28 04:28:43 UTC

Re: Correction - How to configure Tomcat to accept certificates from certain CA's?

Correction - I realized that I gave you the wrong path
before. The "cacerts" keystore is located at:

<java-home>/jre/lib/security

you will need to use the keytool that came with your
jdk to import the CA cert into this cacerts. while
importing you need to use a switch -storetype trusted
(i believe)

hope this helps,
james

Posted by Mark Liu <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Oh, man!  You are great!  It is exactly this problem.
It works now!  But still I don't quite understand how the cacerts keystore is related to the Tomcat server.
Does the Tomcat server also reads this keystore?
Thank you! Klute.
 klute <so...@yahoo.com> wrote:Correction - I realized that I gave you the wrong path

Posted by Mark Liu <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, Klute,
Thank you for your reply.  But I do not quite understand this.  Does this cacert keystore have anything to do with my Tomcat Web server?
I followed the Tomcat SSL-How-To documentation and managed to run Tomcat in SSL mode successfully.  Thus the certificate Tomcat uses is in the keystore (.keystore) in my home directory under the Win2K system.
Please tell me if the J2SDK_HOME\jre\lib\security\cacerts have anything to do with my Tomcat Web server.  Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Mark