Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org> on 2023/03/13 10:42:21 UTC

Unomi March Board Report Draft

Hi all,

I have prepared the draft for the board report, you can find it below. As
usual I appreciate quick feedback as this is due this Wednesday. Of course
just a +1 is enough :)

Cheers,
  Serge...

The mission of Apache Unomi is the creation and maintenance of software
related
to providing a reference implementation of the OASIS Customer Data Platform
specification currently being worked on by the OASIS Context Server
Technical
Committee

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Unomi was founded 2019-02-20 (4 years ago)
There are currently 16 committers and 7 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Taybou on 2021-03-19.
- No new committers. Last addition was Francois Gerthoffert on 2022-09-15.

## Project Activity:
We are now working on two branches at the same time, our cutting edge 2.x
release that contains a lot of improvements, notably in terms of reducing
hosts costs with Elastic Cloud, and how 1.x branch that is used in
production
by a growing number of users. Since the last report we released version
1.8.0
that contains backports from 2.x as well as some library upgrades. We have
also added support for multi-architecture Docker images to better support
Apple silicon.

## Community Health:
Our community remains healthy, with regular newcomers mostly on Slack, and a
continuous stream of PRs on Github. Recently some community members were
interested in working on supporting other backends (such as OpenSearch) but
that
is a big effort, to be seen if they can invest the time into it, but
existing
users are willing to help. Non-automated traffic in mailing lists remains
low,
clearly users preferring to use Slack.