Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sri Ramya <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/26 09:01:21 UTC

CQL indexing

HI

In cql to perform a query based on columns you have to create a index on
that column. What exactly happening when we create a index on a column.
What the index column family might contain.

Re: CQL indexing

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
This discussion belongs on the user list, also please only email one list at a time.

The article discusses improvements in secondary indexes in 1.2 http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/improving-secondary-index-write-performance-in-1-2

If you have some more specific questions let us know.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand