Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Farag, Hany M (Hany)" <hf...@lucent.com> on 2001/09/20 21:24:50 UTC

RE: 2.0.24 STATUS file

Hi,
We read this in the STATUS file of 2.0.24:

"There is a bug in how we sort some hooks, at least the pre-config
hook.  The first time we call the hooks, they are in the correct
order, but the second time, we don't sort them correctly.  Currently,
the modules/http/config.m4 file has been renamed to
modules/http/config2.m4 to work around this problem, it should moved
back when this is fixed."

But we don't understand the exact problem or the fix... Can you please
explain..
Also, if we did not rename the config.m4 files to config2.m4, Can it cause a
seg fault?

Thanks
Hany

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Thursday 20 September 2001 12:24 pm, Farag, Hany M (Hany) wrote:
> Hi,
> We read this in the STATUS file of 2.0.24:
>
> "There is a bug in how we sort some hooks, at least the pre-config
> hook.  The first time we call the hooks, they are in the correct
> order, but the second time, we don't sort them correctly.  Currently,
> the modules/http/config.m4 file has been renamed to
> modules/http/config2.m4 to work around this problem, it should moved
> back when this is fixed."
>
> But we don't understand the exact problem or the fix... Can you please
> explain..
> Also, if we did not rename the config.m4 files to config2.m4, Can it cause
> a seg fault?

This bug didn't cause seg faults.  It just means that in some instances, the
hooks aren't sorted correctly, so that a function registered bt the http
module was being called in the wrong order.  I am not even sure that this bug
still exists, I need to go back in and check.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org