Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2012/10/09 00:56:46 UTC

[VOTE] release deltacloud 1.0.4, rc1

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the RC1 for Deltacloud 1.0.4. The rc is at
http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/1.0.4/rc1/

Please vote on the release candidate by Tuesday, 2012-10-11 16:00 PST

KEYS: http://www.apache.org/dist/deltacloud/KEYS
git tag: release-1.0.4-rc1
git repo: git://github.com/apache/deltacloud.git or
          https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/deltacloud.git

This is a bugfix release. Changes in this release:

  * server: shorten backtraces in logs to make them readable
  * server: report unknown frontend cleanly when starting server (JIRA 331)
  * server: generate docs at /api/docs resp. /cimi/docs
  * server: clean up how we map the various frontends into the server URL space
  * tests: produce nicer output and improve Jenkins integration
  * Drivers
    + Google
      - capture 401 and 409 errors from backend
    + Openstack
      - report 401 when no username is given (JIRA 330)
      - query supported collections from backend; this implies that
        credentials are needed to access /api (JIRA 316)
  * EC2 frontend:
    - accept InstanceId as parameter for DescribeInstances (Oved Ourfali)
    - Start/StopInstance: ensure instance details are returned from all
      drivers, especially RHEV-M (Oved Ourfali)
  * CIMI frontend:
    - use correct CIMI v1.0 namespace in XML (Carlos Goncalves)
    - rename entities to match CIMI v1.0 (e.g. RoutingGroup -> ForwardingGroup)
    - various fixes/enhancements for networking entities (only for mock
      driver so far)
    - fix ordering of attributes in XML responses
    - frontend still not entirely compliant with CIMI 1.0, especially
      embedded collections are not yet handled correctly
  * client
    - make sure we send provider when changing drivers

For a full list of all changes see the NEWS file[1]

David

[1] https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/blob/master/NEWS (once the
mirror updates)

RE: [VOTE] release deltacloud 1.0.4, rc1

Posted by "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>.
Ok ok, I take my vote back.
Still hope the bug can be fixed soon as it's the easiest way for me to
test and expand cimi support with fgcp :)

Cheers,
Dies Koper

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Koper, Dies" <di...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>.
Sorry, voting NO again:
CIMI front-end doesn't work.
I think so soon after CIMI v1.0's release we shouldn't make any DC
releases where the CIMI front-end is broken.

(same error I reported last week: undefined method `underscore' for
CIMI::Model::ResourceMetadata:Class)

Regards,
Dies Koper

Posted by Ronelle Landy <rl...@redhat.com>.
+1 for release

 - Ronelle

Posted by Ramesh A <ra...@redhat.com>.
+1 for release

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On Oct 9, 2012, at 12:56 AM, David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> wrote:

+1 for release

  -- Michal

> Hi all,
>
> I am pleased to announce the RC1 for Deltacloud 1.0.4. The rc is at
> http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/1.0.4/rc1/
>
> Please vote on the release candidate by Tuesday, 2012-10-11 16:00 PST
>
> KEYS: http://www.apache.org/dist/deltacloud/KEYS
> git tag: release-1.0.4-rc1
> git repo: git://github.com/apache/deltacloud.git or
>          https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/deltacloud.git
>
> This is a bugfix release. Changes in this release:
>
>  * server: shorten backtraces in logs to make them readable
>  * server: report unknown frontend cleanly when starting server (JIRA 331)
>  * server: generate docs at /api/docs resp. /cimi/docs
>  * server: clean up how we map the various frontends into the server URL space
>  * tests: produce nicer output and improve Jenkins integration
>  * Drivers
>    + Google
>      - capture 401 and 409 errors from backend
>    + Openstack
>      - report 401 when no username is given (JIRA 330)
>      - query supported collections from backend; this implies that
>        credentials are needed to access /api (JIRA 316)
>  * EC2 frontend:
>    - accept InstanceId as parameter for DescribeInstances (Oved Ourfali)
>    - Start/StopInstance: ensure instance details are returned from all
>      drivers, especially RHEV-M (Oved Ourfali)
>  * CIMI frontend:
>    - use correct CIMI v1.0 namespace in XML (Carlos Goncalves)
>    - rename entities to match CIMI v1.0 (e.g. RoutingGroup -> ForwardingGroup)
>    - various fixes/enhancements for networking entities (only for mock
>      driver so far)
>    - fix ordering of attributes in XML responses
>    - frontend still not entirely compliant with CIMI 1.0, especially
>      embedded collections are not yet handled correctly
>  * client
>    - make sure we send provider when changing drivers
>
> For a full list of all changes see the NEWS file[1]
>
> David
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/blob/master/NEWS (once the
> mirror updates)

Michal Fojtik
http://deltacloud.org
mfojtik@redhat.com

Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 1.0.4, rc1

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
On 09/10/12 01:56, David Lutterkort wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am pleased to announce the RC1 for Deltacloud 1.0.4. The rc is at
> http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/1.0.4/rc1/
>
> Please vote on the release candidate by Tuesday, 2012-10-11 16:00 PST

(please vote on the release by Thursday 2012-10-11)

+1 for release

marios