Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by syed kather <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/18 18:16:24 UTC

Basic Question : How to increase Reducer Task in HBASE Map Reduce

Team,
    Is there a way to increase to Number of Reducer . In Map reduce Program
.

 I had increased in configuration mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum =
2 . Is there a way where we can increase in Program?

            Thanks and Regards,
        S SYED ABDUL KATHER

Re: Basic Question : How to increase Reducer Task in HBASE Map Reduce

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Syed,

Please do go through the tutorial completely, it helps you understand
whats possible and whats not, and how to do certain things:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/mapred_tutorial.html#Reducer

As it mentions:
"The number of reduces for the job is set by the user via
JobConf.setNumReduceTasks(int)."
API: http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf.html#setNumReduceTasks(int)

--
Harsh J