Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin O'Shea <ap...@dsl.pipex.com> on 2011/04/23 17:36:01 UTC

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve in Java web application

Hello

I've just upgraded Apache Tomcat to version 7.0.11 and running an
application of mine through NetBeans 7 gives me the following error:

23-Apr-2011 16:18:56 org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
processContextConfig

SEVERE: Parse error in context.xml for /visualRSS

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve

And so on.

The code in my context.xml file for the valve is as follows:

<Valve

        className = "org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve"

        directory = "logs"

        pattern = "combined"

        prefix = "visualRSS_access_log."

        resolveHosts = "true"

        suffix = ".txt"/>

And this worked well under the older version of Apache Tomcat used, i.e.
6.0.26.

I have disabled the valve code because the log files are not very important
to me at this time but can you advise?

Thanks

Martin O'Shea.

RE: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve in Java web application

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

looks like someone checked the valve into the source tree
which for some reason was missing a few months back when i built it

Martin

Posted by Martin O'Shea <ap...@dsl.pipex.com>.
Thanks Konstantin. It seems fine now.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
i found the class missing in the Tomcat7 distro
my guess is the big todo on london on monday may temporarily delay inserting this valve class into Tomcat7 distros

so i would
compile it yourself from the source
http://www.koders.com/java/fid78AA04F1A14CCECBD283625B1731D01E6CCC1DAD.aspx?s=requestdumpervalve

copy org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve.class to $CATALINA_HOME/lib folder

HTH,
Martin Gainty
Please do not later or disrupt this transmission. Thank You