Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fr...@tolina.de on 2012/01/30 14:21:56 UTC

No reattempt to resolve broken released artifacts

Hello,

we shortly switched our company's infrastructure to maven and are now
experiencing a strange behaviour of dependency resolution.

Say my.project:1.0.0 requires my.cool.component:jar:3.7.0 and I try to
build my.project:1.0.0 before the dependency was deployed to my central
repository, my local repository ends up having the folder structure of
my/cool/component/3.7.0 with two files in it, namely
my.cool.component.jar.lastUpdated and my.cool.component.pom.lastUpdated.
The build fails, which is perfectly correct.
Afterwards, my.cool.component:jar:3.7.0 is deployed to central repo, but
my local repo never gets the jar, so I always have to clean my local repo
manually, before I can get the build of my.project:1.0.0 working.

Is this by design or simply a bug?

Regards

Frank

Re: No reattempt to resolve broken released artifacts

Posted by Guillaume Polet <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

have a look at updatePolicy:
http://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Repositories