Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/21 15:04:41 UTC

10 years

Folks,

doing the research for a new article, I realized the Apache Logging
Services project has been founded in december 2003:
http://logging.apache.org/charter.html

This is going to be 10 years in a short while!!

This is absolutely awesome! Especially because we still have our Scott
and I see Jacob pinging the users list from time to time! It means, our
two fellows are sticking to the project for 10 years too and still help us!

I believe we should do something cool, and be it a blog post only.
Anybody got ideas?

Cheers
Christian

Re: 10 years

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
I believe log4j was initially donated to Apache by IBM and Ceki was a part
of it there.

Re: 10 years

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: 10 years

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: 10 years

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-09-21, Scott Deboy wrote:

> Log4j was part of the Jakarta project prior to LS existence.  I don't
> recall earlier history.

I was part of Jakarta back then - yes I am that old :-)

Even before log4j joined Jakarta it was pretty well known (under an IBM
banner IIRC, but Ceki has been the driving force of it).  Joining
Jakarta was some kind of stealth operation - at least I don't recall
noticing it (I was not on the PMC back then) until it was mentioned in a
sidenote of some PMC meeting minutes.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001017131442/http://www.log4j.org/history.shtml
might be useful, the history page of log4j.org from 2000.

Stefan

Re: 10 years

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
He is listed as PMC member - maybe he has sees this thread and has some time to respond :-)

Re: 10 years

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
You can always ask Ceki. :)

Re: 10 years