Posted to dev@mnemonic.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2017/01/03 19:59:01 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Mnemonic-0.4.0-incubating [rc1]

+1 - xsum/sig verified, RAT ran clean, was able to compile/install most of
the modules (on a mac so filtered off a few I don't have deps for).

Patrick

Posted by Gary <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi Yanping, the 0.4.0-rc1 vote is still in progress please vote for this candidate thanks and there is a branch 0.5.0-dev has been created to accept coming commits for the next version. yes, the 0.4.0-rc majorly has added the following feature/service on previous release.

- Added a mnemonic-benches parent module and a new computing bench workload mnemonic-sort-bench to upstream code base.
  this workload is used to demonstrate the performance improvement if adopt durable computing model for compute-intensive tasks. note that the IO/Mem intensive tasks have been deliberately minimized from this workload as possible. we could expect more significant performance gains if mixed in IO/Mem bound computing. I already have some experimental results run on internal IA platform, but I cannot reveal those data until got it approved.

- Added a new memory service mnemonic-sys-vmem-service to upstream code base as well
  this memory service leverages the system memory resource and allocator to make it possible for mnemonic durable object model and durable computing model also running on system memory directly as volatile memory kind provider.

+Gary

Posted by Yanping Wang <yw...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Gary