Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kai Großjohann <ka...@emptydomain.de> on 2005/02/25 11:50:08 UTC

What if constructor throws exception?

I have a web service with scope=application.  The first time a method
of this web service is invoked, the constructor is called.  Say that
constructor throws an exception.  Then the client side receives that
exception, good.

But if the client side again invokes a method (on this web service),
then the client side receives an Axis exception.

What can I do to make the application more robust?  Ideally, I would
like the second method invocation to behave the same as the first.

This is using Axis 1.1.

Kai