Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Maarten de Boer <md...@iua.upf.es> on 2004/02/04 14:29:02 UTC

subject all caps not detected...

Hello,

I just upgraded SpamAssassin from 2.60 to 2.63 (packported package to
debian woody, running SpamAssassin from MailScanner), and i noticed that
subject is all caps is not detected anymore. While this is a rather
obvious test to notice, i am not sure if maybe other less obvious tests
are also not working anymore... I did notice that for example
check_for_unique_subject_id is done correctly, (so calling eval
functions seems to work), but on the other hand, I did not manage to
trigger the check_for_to_in_subject test. (writing a mail with "To:
mdeboer@iua.upf.es", and "Subject: mdeboer, enlarge your nose" should do
that, right?)

Are thess known problem? Could you please confirm that this is working or
not, and could you please give me an idea of how to track down and fix this
problem?

On a side note, I got the impression that 2.63 is a bit more permissive then
2.60 in it's scores, so I decided to setup Bayes (so far I hadn't). I have been
impressed by it's effectiveness! After only 2 days having some "expert users"
move unmarked mail to a special Learn-SPAM IMAP folder, (and a Learn-HAM
folder), about 400 mails now, the results are very good.

Kind regards,

Maarten de Boer