Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2007/08/10 19:42:53 UTC

Jira issues against trunk

It occurs to me that our current process of assigning bugs
to a yet unreleased branch (e.g., 4.2) might lead to the
misleading impression after the branch is released that it
was/is full of bugs even though all the bugs may have been
resolved before the release went out the door. I think we
need a separate version entry in Jira for regressions
introduced during development. Any suggestions for what
this entry ought to be? Would labeling them simply "trunk"
work or is there any benefit in being more specific (e.g.,
<version>-dev)?

Martin

Re: Jira issues against trunk

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
I agree. Unless someone has a better idea (hint -- it would
be nice to get feedback from others as well :) I'll go with
trunk.

Martin

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.