Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dónal Doyle <do...@idiro.com> on 2007/06/25 23:02:13 UTC

Excel not recalculating Formulas

Hi,

When I change values using POI, any formulas or graphs depending on these
values are not updated.

For example A1 = 100 and A2 = A1, then A2 is 100
Using POI I set A1 = 200 but when I open excel A2 is still 100.

If I use Ctrl + F9 the A2 is updated correctly in excel. Is it possible to
get Excel to update it automatically as this approach doesn't exactly suit.
I have googled this quiet a bit and I have found that I need to set some
recalc on open flag but can't find where to do this. Does any one have
information on this.

Also I am using Excel 2003 and poi 3.0. I think that this might not be a
problem in poi 2.0 but can't find a download for older versions.

Any help would be great. Also getting the same problem with charts not
updating.

Regards,
Dónal