Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Tomasz Skutnik <sc...@e-point.pl> on 2000/08/28 22:31:11 UTC

CVS access

Hi.

Does everybody (or is it just a matter of my world-zone) have the same
problems with Velocity CVS ? It seems that it's hogged dead. My "cvs
update/checkout" comes to build/lib/ directory and hangs-up (right now
it's hanging for something about... 6 hrs?). Right now I'm exploring
nigthly build.

What's going on ? How the other projects are developed, if developer has
to wait "n" days to retireve CVS snapshot, which by that time will
already be outdated.

Scooter

Re: CVS access

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Tomasz Skutnik wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Does everybody (or is it just a matter of my world-zone) have the same
> problems with Velocity CVS ? It seems that it's hogged dead. My "cvs
> update/checkout" comes to build/lib/ directory and hangs-up (right now
> it's hanging for something about... 6 hrs?). Right now I'm exploring
> nigthly build.
>
> What's going on ? How the other projects are developed, if developer has
> to wait "n" days to retireve CVS snapshot, which by that time will
> already be outdated.

I am not having this problem, but am physically located very close to
the CVS server.
--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>

Re: CVS access

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/28/2000 2:22 PM, "Tomasz Skutnik" <sc...@e-point.pl> wrote:

> CVS version
> 1.9.10

that is your problem. upgrade your cvs client.

-jon

--
http://scarab.tigris.org/    | http://noodle.tigris.org/
http://java.apache.org/      | http://java.apache.org/turbine/

Re: CVS access

Posted by Tomasz Skutnik <sc...@e-point.pl>.
It's Linux box (Debian), kernel 2.2.14 with raid support :). CVS version
1.9.10

<cite>
This version is based on version 1.9.10 with additional patches
extracted from
the OpenBSD CVS sources (http://www.openbsd.org). These patches are to
allow
"anonymous CVS", or access to a CVS repository with only read
permissions.
</cite>

I can't check firewall settings, however FWIRemember it's configured to
allow all outcoming connections.
Works fine for "cvs.working-dogs.com" as I mentioned.

Pings work same fine for "dogs" and "jakarta". No problem here.
Do you (really ?) want traceroute ???? :-)

Re: CVS access

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

Re: CVS access

Posted by Tomasz Skutnik <sc...@e-point.pl>.

Re: CVS access

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 8/28/2000 1:31 PM, "Tomasz Skutnik" <sc...@e-point.pl> wrote:

> Does everybody (or is it just a matter of my world-zone) have the same
> problems with Velocity CVS ? It seems that it's hogged dead. My "cvs
> update/checkout" comes to build/lib/ directory and hangs-up (right now
> it's hanging for something about... 6 hrs?). Right now I'm exploring
> nigthly build.
>
> What's going on ? How the other projects are developed, if developer has
> to wait "n" days to retireve CVS snapshot, which by that time will
> already be outdated.
>
> Scooter

Scooter,

Re: CVS access

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@periapt.com>.
On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Tomasz Skutnik wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Does everybody (or is it just a matter of my world-zone) have the same
> problems with Velocity CVS ? It seems that it's hogged dead. My "cvs
> update/checkout" comes to build/lib/ directory and hangs-up (right now
> it's hanging for something about... 6 hrs?). Right now I'm exploring
> nigthly build.
>
> What's going on ? How the other projects are developed, if developer has
> to wait "n" days to retireve CVS snapshot, which by that time will
> already be outdated.

I have no problems what so ever, and the CVS server is
on the other side of the continent from me. It should
definitely no take you 6 hours. Something is wrong
somewhere, and I'm pretty sure it's not the CVS server.

jvz.

--

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@periapt.com