Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by kARTHIK R <k4...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/02 21:51:51 UTC

GREMLIN_ENDPOINT is not used or configurable

Hi Team,

Server and Remote configurations (server.yaml, remote.yaml) currently just
allow you to mention host and port. Any thoughts on exposing the route
within the server as well as a configurable option? Something like:
host : abc.com
port : 8182
route : /g

Internally, this would construct a URI to http://abc.com:8182/g (Ofcourse,
we would default to the current behavior if route is not mentioned)

Looking at the code, I do see the GREMLIN_ENDPOINT variable in the abstract
handler, but I don't see it being used anywhere apart from the websocket
channelizer. Maybe I'm missing something?

Endpoint:
https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/master/gremlin-server/src/main/java/org/apache/tinkerpop/gremlin/server/AbstractChannelizer.java#L95
Channelizer:
https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/master/gremlin-server/src/main/java/org/apache/tinkerpop/gremlin/server/channel/WebSocketChannelizer.java#L98

Karthik

Re: GREMLIN_ENDPOINT is not used or configurable

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
Could you explain why you would want to change that? I'm not sure I
understand the scenario where one would want to modify that? The hardcoded
/gremlin route doesn't seem likely to cause conflict in any way, so it
feels like such a change would just add another configuration option users
would have to worry about which I would like to avoid (we already have too
many options i think).