Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/04 00:47:31 UTC

Re: Job manager URI rpc address:port

Here are the instructions . Go to getting started link.

It took me hours first time and I had many errors because I had spark
installed earlier on same machine.

Then when I switched flink remote from client to server and server to
client
it only took me five minutes because this time  it was clean install.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.
You say in your case it helped.

You just didn't follow the setup instructions! That's it

Jeff didn't explain anything he gave you config settings you asked for
based on your guess work of random Ports.

It turned out you didn't follow setup instructions. I directed you to.

Unlike you I worked through my problems.
I knew Jeff didn't have access to my machine so I didn't bother him .
I worked through it.

I had come across same error and after I followed the remaining step it was
solved.
Go and look on wiki  on the subject of 0.0.0.0
The description of error message verifies wiki also.

That is why I referred you to the aforementioned instruction.
But you wanted to give the impression you are so smart and clever and you
wouldn't accept the fact you didn't follow the instructions.

How can by making the required value change it helped.

You are just trying to sound smart when you don't know jack about networks.

Posted by Ravi Pullareddy <ra...@minlog.com.au>.
Zahid,

1.     If there was no issue as you claim, Jeff would not have requested me
to raise a Jira ticket for this. Before you express your opinion, please go
and see ZEPPELIN-4794 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-4794>
and read the comments trail where Jeff is trying to help me out and is
finding a solution. The issue I have come across has been reported by Jeff
himself via issue ZEPPELIN-4216
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-4216> dated 1st July 2019.

2.

3.     The objective of users group is try and help to find solutions and
not to be argumentative… let us leave at that.

Posted by Zahid Rahman <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Pullareddy <ra...@minlog.com.au>.
Guys

Posted by Som Lima <so...@gmail.com>.