Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/26 05:52:38 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.0(RC1) release

Hi

I submit the Apache CarbonData 1.5.0 (RC1) for your vote.

1.Release Notes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320220&version=12341006

    Some key features and improvements in this release:

   1. Supported carbon as Spark datasource using Spark's
   Fileformat interface.
   2. Improved compression and performance of non dictionary columns by
   applying an adaptive encoding to them,
   3. Supported MAP datatype in carbon.
   4. Supported ZSTD compression for carbondata files.
   5. Supported C++ interfaces to read carbon through SDK API.
   6. Supported CLI tool for data summary and debug purpose.
   7. Supported BYTE and FLOAT datatypes in carbon.
   8. Limited min/max for large text by introducing a configurable limit to
   avoid file size bloat up.
   9. Introduced multithread write API in SDK to speed up loading and query
   performance.
   10. Supported min/max stats for stream row format to improve query
   performance.
   11. Many Bug fixes and stabilized carbondata.

 2. The tag to be voted upon : apache-carbondata-1.5.0.rc1(commit:
2157741f1d8cf3f0418ab37e1755a8d4167141a5)
https://github.com/apache/carbondata/releases/tag/apache-carbondata-1.5.0-rc1

3. The artifacts to be voted on are located here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/carbondata/1.5.0-rc1/

4. A staged Maven repository is available for review at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecarbondata-1033

5. Release artifacts are signed with the following key:

*https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ravipesala.asc
<https://link.getmailspring.com/link/1524823736.local-38e60b2f-d8f4-v1.2.1-7e7447b6@getmailspring.com/9?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.apache.org%2Fkeys%2Fcommitter%2Fravipesala.asc&recipient=ZGV2QGNhcmJvbmRhdGEuYXBhY2hlLm9yZw%3D%3D>*

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.0,  The vote

will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of

at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.0

[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Ravindra.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.0(RC1) release

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
There is a bug related to global dictionary reported by Aaron in the maillist, I suggest include this bug fix in this version.

Regards,
Jacky

Posted by xm_zzc <44...@qq.com>.
Hi:
  Can this release include PR-2733: Upgrade presto integration version to
0.210?

Re: [VOTE] Apache CarbonData 1.5.0(RC1) release

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I would like to see these PRs be merged(2761, 2759)
.
Regards
Liang

ravipesala wrote