Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2023/08/01 12:57:39 UTC

Re: 8.11.3 release

Oh yes, good idea. Forgot about the split!

+Lucene Dev <de...@lucene.apache.org>

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Am I correct that a potential 8.11.3 release cannot contain known CVEs? If so, we cannot release without carefully plugging all CVEs plugged in 9.x. Some of those may not be a simple backport, such as Jetty, netty etc, due to jar hell.

Have you identified blockers in jira?

Jan Høydahl

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Houston Putman <ho...@apache.org>.
I think everything that needs to be backported for 8.11.3, has been
backported.

We should try to get this out as soon as possible.

- Houston

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Uwe.

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.
Had to BadApple these tests:

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Thanks Kevin, Ishan for doing the prep work here.

I re-enabled the jenkins job https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Lucene/job/Lucene-Solr-Tests-8.11/ to get a feel for the current status. We also have a smokeTest job that should be enabled when release is approaching.

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Re: 8.11.3 release

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.