Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/26 00:58:35 UTC

FYI: Apache release process tools

While on the openwhisk-dev list, a thread there mentions some tools that
may be of interest to us. Of course we are already using Apache RAT.

-----
Apache Creadur includes three projects:
- Apache Rat audits license headers. It will check if files have Apache
License or not, and generate a report.
- Apache Tentacles helps to audit in bulk components uploaded to a staging
repository. It will check if there is a LICENSE and NOTICE files under each
archived source package and compiled package. A HTML report will be
generated.
- Apache Whisker will generate a correct legal documentation if a package
bundles code under several licenses.
---

Apache Tentacles is kinda like our "coho check-license" but will not handle
the package.json license field like our tool does.
Apache Whisker is relevant since we do package non-Apache licensed code
(but is Apache compatible)

Re: FYI: Apache release process tools

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
One thing OpenWhisk is doing is doing all this in a CI build to upload to
Apache SVN, versus our manual process.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release