Posted to users-fr@openoffice.apache.org by Alain DUFOUR <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/26 15:54:12 UTC

"OO Does denies me as an administrator"

Hello !

I would like the following mail to be published on the list.
I also have published it on the forum.
Thanks for all answers and ideas !
Alain

I am an old user of OO since numerous years and familiar with the use of it, although I am an extensive user, I am not an IT technician  and would like to receive advices in a novice/beginner language (not in IT jargon that I would not understand - I know you all ! LOL https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=15# )
Windows 8.1 - 64 bits - OO 4.7.1
I am the only user of the computer and registered as Administrator as well (of course)
I, suddenly, have the fact that OO does not open straight away any document (double click from document list) and I cannot identify the origin of this pb. Could it be an automatic overnight Window Update ?
This relates to all existing documents for more than 10 years.
It replies with the screen attached : IE Document already in use and locked by "Unknown User"
If I open it as a "Copy" (middle option on that screen) after working on it and saving it, it would not open it again (unless I request another "Copy") and does the same again and again only producing numerous copies of the same document.
I cannot suppress or modify any existing document.
If clicking on the OO icon on my desk, it does not load the whole OO start page and freeze it at 3/4.
If clicking on the OO icon on the works bar, it does load the whole OO page and allows the viewing of all options ... producing later the "Unknown user" page.
Using the MS compatibility resolution tool it says : "SOFFICE" in not compatible.
What I have already done :
- Checked all MS screens where the "Administrator" is designed or "All users" OK
- Opened the doc being an administrator (RH click)
- Restored the whole system. Tried all restoration points available. Depending of restoration point chosen, it even does not show the rejecting page and does nothing and/or freeze. I have got the best result with restoration point nearest the date of the problem. Computer a bit slow now.
- Repaired the OO program - then uninstalled it and re-installed it again. All the same.
- Ran Avast and Malware. OK
It looks that OO does not recognize me as been the only user and administrator whatever I do.

I just downloaded Libre Office and it just does the same.
Where is the bug ?

I am on the edge to buy MS Office (but try not to give my money away)
Thanks for your ideas .............. But remember in novice language.
Alain

Re: "OO Does denies me as an administrator"

Posted by 47...@free.fr.
Bonjour,
Vous êtes sur une liste francophone.
Donc inutile de parler anglais.