Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org> on 2002/09/08 14:59:22 UTC

Re: three improvements to avalon/phoenix

Okay - I have started applying your patch to the "FACTORY-branch" branch in
Phoenix CVS. You can grab it via

cvs up -r FACTORY-branch

And this will convert your existing tree to the new branch. (cvs up -A to
return to main branch).

One thing I noticed is that you added the Interceptors to the BlockInfo but I
though that was kinda strange as they are associated with a block instance.
Hence I moved the interceptors to BlockMetaData instead. That seem
reasonable?

BTW when sending patches it is usually better to send lots of small patches so
we can check and apply them faster - Documentation would also speed up the
process ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The big mistake that men make is that when they turn thirteen or fourteen and
all of a sudden they've reached puberty, they believe that they like women.
Actually, you're just horny. It doesn't mean you like women any more at
twenty-one than you did at ten.                --Jules Feiffer (cartoonist)

Re: three improvements to avalon/phoenix

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:09, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> I can resubmit interceptors/factories as a series of small
> patches for FACTORIES-branch if it'll make your job easier. Plus I have
> added interceptor context, so you do not have the latest version of the
> patch anyways.

BTW you may want to download the excalibur CVS and have a look at
info/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/containerkit/factory/*

That has the kind of interface that I want to eventually move towards and I
have documented the interfaces relatively well. See what yuou think

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: three improvements to avalon/phoenix

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 00:09, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> > One thing I noticed is that you added the Interceptors to the BlockInfo
> > but I though that was kinda strange as they are associated with a block
> > instance. Hence I moved the interceptors to BlockMetaData instead. That
> > seem reasonable?
>
> Of course, it does. Now I see the reason for both metainfo and metadata
> packages! :-)

:)

> > BTW when sending patches it is usually better to send lots of small
> > patches so we can check and apply them faster - Documentation would also
> > speed up the process ;)
>
> I can resubmit interceptors/factories as a series of small
> patches for FACTORIES-branch if it'll make your job easier. Plus I have
> added interceptor context, so you do not have the latest version of the
> patch anyways.

That would be great. I will probably have a chance to look at stuff again on
Wend afternoon if you can get it to us by then. Otherwise I will just
continue with application of your old patch.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
        -- Ramsey Clark

Re: three improvements to avalon/phoenix

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <if...@thinkdynamics.com>.
Peter Donald wrote:
> Okay - I have started applying your patch to the "FACTORY-branch" branch in
> Phoenix CVS. You can grab it via
>
> cvs up -r FACTORY-branch
>
> And this will convert your existing tree to the new branch. (cvs up -A to
> return to main branch).
Thank you, Peter.

> One thing I noticed is that you added the Interceptors to the BlockInfo but I
> though that was kinda strange as they are associated with a block instance.
> Hence I moved the interceptors to BlockMetaData instead. That seem
> reasonable?
Of course, it does. Now I see the reason for both metainfo and metadata
packages! :-)

> BTW when sending patches it is usually better to send lots of small patches so
> we can check and apply them faster - Documentation would also speed up the
> process ;)
I can resubmit interceptors/factories as a series of small
patches for FACTORIES-branch if it'll make your job easier. Plus I have
added interceptor context, so you do not have the latest version of the
patch anyways.

--
Igor Fedorenko
Think smart. Think automated. Think Dynamics.
www.thinkdynamics.com