Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Luis Villar <lu...@nmp.es> on 2001/10/01 20:02:29 UTC

use of params doubt

Hi men,

I need do a xsl that sometimes calls a template and other times calls
another one

sometimes
<xsl:template match="article">
    <xsl:call-template name="NewArticle" />
</xsl:template>

and other times
<xsl:template match="article">
    <xsl:call-template name="OldArticle" />
</xsl:template>

I use XalanJ2 and I was thinking that parameters was the solution
<xsl:param name="templateToUse" />
<xsl:template match="article">
    <xsl:call-template name="$templateToUse" />
</xsl:template>

but I´ve heard that name attribute in a call:template directive can not be
the value of a param ... is this right? ... could anybody give me any idea
of how can i achieve my goal?