Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/11/28 21:37:15 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "Git_At_Apache_Guide" by FilMaj

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The "Git_At_Apache_Guide" page has been changed by FilMaj:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide?action=diff&rev1=32&rev2=33

Comment:
Typo fixes

  ASF GIT repositories are currently hosted at http://git-wip-us.apache.org/

- For understanding the technical aspects of GIT and SVN please read [[SVNvsGIT]]. This will help you to grok the design decissions
+ For understanding the technical aspects of GIT and SVN please read [[SVNvsGIT]]. This will help you to grok the design decisions.

  GIT at the ASF is currently an experiment. We have defined criteria under which this experiment should be considered [[GitSuccessCriteria|successful]].

@@ -14, +14 @@

  Canonical GIT repositories for Apache projects must be hosted on ASF hardware, under full control of the ASF infrastructure. This has quite a few reasons:

   1. Our Source Code Repositories are there for one reason: helping the community. This can best be supported by having one single canonical repository. Projects having multiple equitable repository clones tend to split the community.
-  1. UserIDs outside of apache.org are not relyable! We can only guarantee a fully trusted authentication for servers we host ourselfs!
+  1. UserIDs outside of apache.org are not reliable! We can only guarantee a fully trusted authentication for servers we host ourselves!
   1. Authentication can later be extended to support login via ssh keys uploaded to http://id.apache.org (we need to drop this as infra ticket)
-  1. Relying on external infrastructure for our own core business is frankly spoken pretty unwise. This would not only split the community but also would us make loose our independence. We would have no access to the underlying hardware, thus no way to handle threats if someone tries to taint our repositories.
+  1. Relying on external infrastructure for our own core business is frankly spoken pretty unwise. This would not only split the community but also would us make lose our independence. We would have no access to the underlying hardware, thus no way to handle threats if someone tries to taint our repositories.

  == Project Structure ==
   1. Each project has at least one GIT repository which contains the main project and is read/writable for all committers.