Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Diego Bendlin <di...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/11 21:43:04 UTC

plugin:download in m2

Hello Guys,

Im having a doub that would like to ask you, Im an AndroMDA (
http://www.andromda.org), this guys use maven to generate their MDa
projects. Recently thay provided a plugin for m2, but to use it I have to
download the entire sources and compile them myself using m2 (Not big deal
but when using m1 I only needed to download a plugin.

Im pasting below my original question and the answer to that:

 *dbendlin*

Joined: 17 May 2005
Location: Asunción - Paraguay
 [image: Post]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10748&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed#10748>Posted:
Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: [image: Reply with
quote]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=10748&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>
[image:
Edit/Delete this
post]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=10748&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>
------------------------------
 Hello Guys,

I have a doub about m2 usage, as you AndroMDA guys are the only ones I know
using it I'm sure you could help

See, in M1 you needed to download andromdapp plugin to be able to generate a
M1 project (maven plugin:download), after generating the project M1
automaticaly downloaded every dependency needed to the local repository and
that was it.

In M2 things seem to work in a diferent way, the plugin download mechanism
seems to be a missing feature, or am I missing something?

How to get andromdapp in m2 (Is it mandatory to download andromda-all from
CVS? or is there another way?).

Thanks in advance!
_________________
Diego Bendlin   Back to
top<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2015#top>
[image:
View user's profile]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>
[image:
Send private message]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=54&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>
[image:
Send e-mail] <di...@gmail.com> [image: MSN
Messenger]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>

    *chad.brandon*
AndroMDA Admin

Joined: 06 May 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
 [image: New post]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10752&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed#10752>Posted:
Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: [image: Reply with
quote]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=10752&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>
------------------------------
 Yeah its necessary to build andromda-all from CVS, for some reason maven2
seems to have issues with downloading and installing a plugin with groupIds
other than "org.apache.maven.plugins" and the mojo groupId for codehaus
(can't remember what it is). I haven't had time much to look into why it
won't work, maybe you can ask the maven team why? Until we figure out why,
you'll need to build the src yourself so that it will be installed.
_________________
Chad Brandon - chad [at] andromda [dot] org
http://www.andromda.org   Back to
top<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2015#top>
[image:
View user's profile]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>
[image:
Send private message]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=5&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>
[image:
Send e-mail] <ch...@andromda.org> [image: Visit poster's
website]<http://www.andromda.org/> [image:
AIM Address] <aim:goim?screenname=chdbrandon&message=Hello+Are+you+there?>
[image:
Yahoo Messenger]<http://edit.yahoo.com/config/send_webmesg?.target=chdbrandon&.src=pg>
[image:
MSN Messenger]<http://galaxy.andromda.org/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5&sid=84cd644eec69f3a99820238de7a328ed>

I wasn't sure if this question should be for developers or users so I copied
this mail to both.

Any help regarding this doub will be great!

Thanks in advance for your help and support

Kind Regards,

Diego Bendlin

Re: plugin:download in m2

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/11/06, Diego Bendlin <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Im having a doub that would like to ask you, Im an AndroMDA (
> http://www.andromda.org), this guys use maven to generate their MDa
> projects. Recently thay provided a plugin for m2, but to use it I have to
> download the entire sources and compile them myself using m2 (Not big deal
> but when using m1 I only needed to download a plugin.

See: Configuring Maven to Search for Plugins
 * http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-plugin-prefix-mapping.html

--
Wendy

RE: plugin:download in m2

Posted by an...@nokia.com.
Hi,

>From what I can tell, the andromda plugin for m2 can currently  not be downloaded, either because of a bug in the plugin or in maven2. until that is resolved. You have to download the sources and build the plugin yourself. For building and installing it - as you said m2 shall be used for it - I assume a simple "mvn clean install" should be enough.

Note: I'm a maven2 newbie myself and have never used andromda, so use my comments with care ;-)

Kind Regards,
 _         __                _  _
//\ndreas.[|-bbert-[]/arroum(a)[|\|okia.com
           `-        `
   Andreas Ebbert-Karroum
   Software Design Engineer - Nokia Networks Services / Middleware
   phone: +49-211-94123928, fax: +49-211-9412-3838
   Heltorfer Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf, Germany

This message is confidential. If you have received this message in error,
please delete it from your system. You should not copy it for any purpose,
or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are
not secure and therefore Nokia GmbH does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public
network. Thank you.
Nokia GmbH, Nokia Networks is a German Company. Further information
about the Company is available from its principal offices at
Heltorferstrasse 1, D-40472, Düsseldorf, Germany and from the
website at http://www.nokia.com/