Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2006/09/13 20:24:14 UTC

Peters observation concerning mod_jk forced recovery

Thanks for the report:

The new forced recovery feature tried to do that in case all workers
went into ERROR state in two places: after request processing and during
maintenance.

After request processing it relied on a condition that evaluated to
false in all cases, so it basically never happened there, only during
maintenance.

I hope my three latest commits fixed it. So if all workers are really in
error during request processing, the request gets a second chance on
them, indepependently from the point in time when the workers went into
error. If tomcat is still down/in error, after request processing all
workers will end up being in error.

For the maintenance part, I changed it from checking during every
process maintenance, to checking only during global maintenance. If the
request part is correct, it should never be necessary during
maintenance, since the request part already handles it, whenever it's
necessary. Dropping the maintenance part might only result in slightly
different logging messages and a different view in jkstatus. But even
without the maintenance part, recovery should happen immediate, whenever
a request comes in and all workers are in error.

Regards,

Rainer