Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/07/14 07:52:03 UTC

[Ws Wiki] Update of "ReportForJul2007" by RuchithFernando

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by RuchithFernando:
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/ReportForJul2007

The comment on the change is:
Added WSS4J info

  Milestone release M8 is planned for end of July and will complete WSDL 2.0 compliance by fully supporting WSDL2 assertions. We are close to proposing that Woden exits incubation, with just 3 remaining items on the project status file to attend to. After M8 we plan to review and finalize the Woden API for a 1.0 release in September. Dan Harvey, a summer intern student from Durham University in UK, has recently joined the team and is working on M8 JIRAs. We expect he will also contribute WSDL2 serialization for the 1.0 release.

+ = Apache WSS4J =
+ Apache WSS4J is the home for implementations of OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0/1.1 and WS-SecureConversation specifications' core components and is the base for enabling web services security support on many popular SOAP frameworks such as Apache Axis2. WSS4J also includes support for Apache Axis 1.x.
+
+ === Code Releases [since the last report] ===
+ None
+
+ === Miscellaneous ===
+ Next release will be Apache WSS4J 1.5.3 of to support the next release of Apache Rampart.
+

  [1] http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/Axis1%2e5ReleasePlan