Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "hehaoreset@gmail.com" <he...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/09 03:55:00 UTC

HDFS space quota exception

hello

HDFS cluster version 2.7.2, I set a space quota for the directory, but the
available space is much less than expected, for example, this image has a
quota of 600T, 31T used space, it should be 500T free space, but it actually
shows only 132T.

I randomly checked the number of file copies in the directory, and found that
they were all 3. May I ask what caused this problem? I checked the patch of
the community, but could not find a good explanation for this problem.

![](cid:image002.png@01D8F432.187CE4D0)

从 Windows 版[邮件](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986)发送

Re: HDFS space quota exception

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
Is this cluster using snapshots? I'm not sure if this completely explains
what you're seeing, but there were several bugs in accounting of space
consumption by snapshots prior to 2.8.0, for example:

Chris Nauroth