Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Evan Easton <ev...@eeaston.com> on 2003/08/02 01:32:58 UTC

mailer.py failure on windows

I tried to use the mailer.py hook script (from
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/hook-scripts/mailer.py with
Python 2.2.3 on windows.  I've got svn 0.26.0 and the python 2.2 bindings
installed.  I'm getting the following trace:

I don't know enough python to know exactly what the error means.  Any
experts on the list who can state the obvious for me?
Thanks,
Evan

d:\Programs\subversion\svn.collab.net\tools\hook-scripts>\Programs\Python22\
python.exe mailer.py d:\temp\foobar 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mailer.py", line 802, in ?
    svn.util.run_app(main, config_fname, repos_dir, revision)
  File "D:\Programs\Python22\lib\svn\core.py", line 33, in run_app
    return apply(func, (pool,) + args, kw)
  File "mailer.py", line 60, in main
    output.generate(groups, pool)
  File "mailer.py", line 144, in generate
    group, params, subpool)
  File "mailer.py", line 328, in generate_content
    generate_diff(output, cfg, repos, date, change, group, params, pool)
  File "mailer.py", line 442, in generate_diff
    output.run_diff(cfg.get_diff_cmd({
  File "mailer.py", line 189, in run_diff
    pipe_ob = popen2.Popen3(cmd)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Popen3'

RE: mailer.py failure on windows

Posted by Arild Fines <ar...@broadpark.no>.
Evan Easton wrote:
> I tried to use the mailer.py hook script (from
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/tools/hook-scripts/mailer.py
> with Python 2.2.3 on windows.  I've got svn 0.26.0 and the python 2.2
> bindings installed.  I'm getting the following trace:
>
> I don't know enough python to know exactly what the error means.  Any
> experts on the list who can state the obvious for me? Thanks,
> Evan

d:\Programs\subversion\svn.collab.net\tools\hook-scripts>\Programs\Python22\
python.exe
> mailer.py d:\temp\foobar 1 Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "mailer.py", line 802, in ?
>     svn.util.run_app(main, config_fname, repos_dir, revision)
>   File "D:\Programs\Python22\lib\svn\core.py", line 33, in run_app
>     return apply(func, (pool,) + args, kw)
>   File "mailer.py", line 60, in main
>     output.generate(groups, pool)
>   File "mailer.py", line 144, in generate
>     group, params, subpool)
>   File "mailer.py", line 328, in generate_content
>     generate_diff(output, cfg, repos, date, change, group, params,
>   pool) File "mailer.py", line 442, in generate_diff
>     output.run_diff(cfg.get_diff_cmd({
>   File "mailer.py", line 189, in run_diff
>     pipe_ob = popen2.Popen3(cmd)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Popen3'

The Popen3 and Popen4 classes are not available on Windows, according to the
Python library documentation. The only way to fix that is to rewrite
mailer.py not to use it(at least on Windows).

--
Arild