Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by sandeep kaur <sa...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/09/06 15:37:27 UTC

latest code

Hi,

Can you provide me with the log4cxx version that is
error free ans should work for windows and unix.

Thanks
Sandip

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com

Re: latest code

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Sep 6, 2005, at 8:37 AM, sandeep kaur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you provide me with the log4cxx version that is
> error free ans should work for windows and unix.

If you are asking that we immediately fix all the logged bugs in the
JIRA, freeze the API and progress to a 1.0 release, that is not
achievable even if we weren't all doing this on our spare time which
has been really in short supply at least for me recently.  Even then
it would not be error free.

I assume that you are really asking for post 0.9.7 build which is
long overdue.

Re: latest code

Posted by Andreas Fester <An...@gmx.de>.
Hi Sandip,

> Can you provide me with the log4cxx version that is
> error free ans should work for windows and unix.

IMHO "error free code" does not exist ;-)

You can get the latest (unofficial) 0.9.8 build at

http://www.littletux.net/log4cxx

It should build at least on Linux and Windows, and consists
of the log4cxx CVS HEAD with some additional patches.

Both autotools and ant build should work on Unix. For Windows,
use the ant build.

Best Regards,

	Andreas