Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by "Hablutzel, Robert" <Ro...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2003/08/07 20:00:36 UTC

SQLJ support

I'm wondering about the possibility of modifying OJB to (a) allow and (b) generate SQLJ statements (generate at build time) rather than JDBC prepared statements. It looks like the changes wouldn't be too hard - at least for (a) but they are an absolute requirement for our environment.

Has any thought been given to this area?

thanks

hab
------
Bob Hablutzel       Lead Architect       Personal Markets I/S
603 245-9485        robert.hablutzel@libertymutual.com

RE: SQLJ support

Posted by Ron Gallagher <ro...@bellsouth.net>.
Robert --

I don't have much experience with SqlJ, so this may have no relevance,
but...

Randall Burt and I are working on some enhancements to OJB to provide better
support for the use of stored procedures/UDF's to handle the insert, update
and deletion of records.  If there are any parallels between invoking SQLJ
functions/routines and stored procedures/UDF's, we may be able to leverage
some of what we're doing to support SQLJ.

Just a thought.

Ron Gallagher
Atlanta, GA
rongallagher@bellsouth.net