Posted to users@maven.apache.org by carlos f <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/30 16:53:13 UTC

surefire "classpathElements"

running:
maven 2.0.4
win xp pro sp2
java 1.5.0_05
maven-surefire-plugin 2.2

when i execute "mvn test -X" the classpathElements, in order, that surefire
spits out are:

- target/classes
- target/test-classes
- dependency jars (both jar and test-jar)

Does that mean that the classloader will first look in classes, then
test-classes and then finally in the various dependency jars?

If so, I have a problem that can be resolved by being a bit more judicious
with the use of test-jars . . . but I would rather not spend the time
restructuring test jars if i don't have to right now.

Most of our projects have a identically named file in the maven test
resource dir -- "test-context.xml".  This is used to override some
configuration in the project main resource dir.

Project A and B both have this test-context.xml file in the test resources
dir.  Project A now depends  on Project B's test-jar (for a base TestCase
class).  When Project A attempts to find its own "test-context" file it
actually loads the test-context.xml file in Project B's test-jar.  Hence my
problem.

Carlos