Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2012/04/03 09:17:01 UTC

Re: Flash Player 11.2

Hi,

> Thanks and much appreciated. I'll keep my eye out to see if the download URL changes.

Some good news.

This URL now exists:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/playerglobal11_2.swc

However this URL:
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/playerglobal11_0.swc

Is still exactly the same file (ie the new 11.2 swc not the old 11.0 swc) which means to build the SDK you still need to source the 11.0/11.1 playerglobal.swc from elsewhere.

I guess it's possible it's changed but is being cached. Anyone see that the second URL downloads a different file to the first URL?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Flash Player 11.2

Posted by Paul Evans <pa...@creative-cognition.co.uk>.
On 3 Apr 2012, at 08:17, Justin Mclean wrote:

> This URL now exists:
> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/playerglobal11_2.swc
> However this URL:
> http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/playerglobal11_0.swc
> Is still exactly the same file (ie the new 11.2 swc not the old 11.0 swc) which means to build the SDK you still need to source the 11.0/11.1 playerglobal.swc from elsewhere.
> I guess it's possible it's changed but is being cached. Anyone see that the second URL downloads a different file to the first URL?

Different file names, but md5 returns same value for both : c544a069518897880e0d732457b6fdeb
Contents of both showing creation time 15 March 2012 1500.