Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Manoel Matos <Ma...@dia.govt.nz> on 2011/07/21 03:53:54 UTC

[ApacheDS] Associating a user with a role.

Hello All,

I've been using Apache Directory LDAP API to add some entries in my LDAP server.

How can I relate users with roles using the API?
I assume it's another entry somewhere but I could figure out where exactly...

Thank you guys.

Manoel Matos
Java Software Developer

====
====

Re: [ApacheDS] Associating a user with a role.

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Hi Manoel!

Am 22.07.2011 02:44, schrieb Manoel Matos:
> I might be missing some technical knowledge about it then...
> I've done basic LDAP administration but it's the first time I'm developing for LDAP.
>
> What I need to do is... Add roles and add users association with those roles...
>
> Adding users is working fine... I need to sort how to add roles and associate them together.
>
> I will stop being lazy and have a better read about LDAP and stuff...
>
> I will be back with some question when I get a better picture about it.

For users and groups, this is a grood article:
http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/groups/docs/internet2-mace-dir-groups-best-practices-200210.htm

Greetings from Hamburg,
     StefanZ

RE: [ApacheDS] Associating a user with a role.

Posted by Oliver Schmidt <ol...@arcor.de>.
Hi Manoel,