Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Aminouvic <am...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/06 16:16:06 UTC

Kafka consumer Fetcher several Ignoring fetched records logs

Hello all,

We're noticing several logs on our consumer apps similar to the following :

2019-09-06 17:56:36,933 DEBUG org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.internals.Fetcher   - Ignoring fetched records for mytopic-7 at offset 45704161910 since the current position is 45704162370

Any idea on what would cause this ?
Did anyone ever encounter this kind of logs?

Kafka Cluster version 0.10.1
Kafka Client version 0.10.2

Best regards,
Amine

Re: Kafka consumer Fetcher several Ignoring fetched records logs

Posted by Aminouvic <am...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

My apologies for the late reply.

No the data isn't getting deleted faster than the consumer is reading it.

We also notice when this happens the number of Replica Fetchers doubles on the broker side and the total of out bytes drops significantly.

Regards,
Amine

Posted by Hrishikesh Mishra <sd...@gmail.com>.