Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Roman <ad...@yandex.ru> on 2020/01/09 12:34:29 UTC

Re: Can't break ping process of windows CMD

Thank you very much.

Could you also suggest is there any workaround available to make Russian
layout working correctly ?

I simulated the situation on different Windows 10 machines, mine PCs, my
friend's, at work, virtual machines and the situation is all the same.

31.12.2019, 21:40, "Mike Jumper" <mj...@apache.org>:

> Two keyboard layouts cannot be identical if switching between them produces
different results. They may appear similar, but they cannot actually be
identical if they behave differently.

<https://i.imgur.com/WIJyaaq.png>

<[mjumper@apache.org](mailto:mjumper@apache.org)>:

>>> If switching between those two layouts within the RDP session yields
different key behavior, then those layouts are definitely not identical.

>>> You are seeing different behavior for certain characters because the
series of scancodes for typing those characters on an English keyboard is
interpreted differently by Windows if you tell it you have a Russian keyboard.

>>> The keyboard layout within the connection parameters must match the
keyboard layout within RDP for scancode translation to work. If your
connection is set to "en-us-qwerty", then you must select the English US
layout in the RDP session. You cannot set the connection to layout X and the
RDP server to layout Y and have that work. It will cause Guacamole to send the
wrong inputs.

>>> \- Mike

absolutely identical layouts: "EN US" and "RU".

signs work incorrectly, but letters work normally.

<https://i.imgur.com/10oKTI7.png>

will translate as needed, using Unicode only where the remote end lacks a
character (such as "ю"). If you wish to type a period, you will need to press
whichever keys are used to type a period on your local keyboard layout.
Guacamole will automatically turn those keypresses into the keypresses
required by the RDP server.

match the layout chosen in your connection parameters. It doesn't need match
your local layout, but it absolutely must your remote layout so Guacamole
knows how your RDP server will be interpreting scancodes. The scancodes sent
will be incorrect if this is not the case, resulting in behavior like you
describe.

everything should just be seamless.

signs doesn't match when I use RU layout, for example instead of period sign I
got Russian letter "ю".

send keyboard shortcuts.

currently-supported layouts and select that layout in the connection
parameters.

present in the layout, like Russian characters, but will use normal key events
for any characters present in the server layout (Ctrl-C, etc. will work).

layout>

Guacamole to use Unicode events for all keys, which will break keyboard
shortcuts. Selecting any other keyboard layout will allow Guacamole to send
proper key events, resorting to Unicode only for unknown keys, in this case
keys which type Russian characters.

help@guacamole.apache.org](mailto:user-help@guacamole.apache.org)

Re: Can't break ping process of windows CMD

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 7:34 AM Roman <ad...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Thank you very much.
> Could you also suggest is there any workaround available to make Russian
> layout working correctly ?
> I simulated the situation on different Windows 10 machines, mine PCs, my
> friend's, at work, virtual machines and the situation is all the same.

Unfortunately there is no work-around - the keymap must be updated and then
the guacd source built with the updated keymap.  You are welcome to patch
it yourself and update it on your system.  If there's not a JIRA issue for
this please go ahead and enter one, and we can get it fixed for the next
release.

-Nick