Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org> on 2015/08/25 15:29:37 UTC

[math] github pull requests

Hi all,

As the github pull request are not forwarded here, there are two new
requests since yesterday:

  <https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/11>
  <https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/12>

What do you think about them?

Luc

Re: [math] github pull requests

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-08-25, Luc Maisonobe wrote:

> Le 25/08/2015 16:14, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
>> On 2015-08-25, Luc Maisonobe wrote:

>>> As the github pull request are not forwarded here,

>> You know that you can enable automatic notifications?  I don't recall
>> the details - probably something involving a ticket for INFRA - but we
>> do see PR notifications in Ant for example.

> I am already registered, and this is how I got these PR. This is the
> reason I forwarded them here so other developers are aware of them.

That's not what I meant.  ASF infra provides services that connect
github issues and PRs and our infrastructure.  This ranges from linking
JIRA issues to PRs (two-way where comments in one get replicated to the
other) to automatic notifications of the dev list.

https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/improved_integration_between_apache_and

Stefan

Re: [math] github pull requests

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Otmar Ertl <ot...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:29:37 +0200, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As the github pull request are not forwarded here, there are two new
>> requests since yesterday:
>>
>>   <https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/11>
>

> I don't understand that one.
>
>>   <https://github.com/apache/commons-math/pull/12>
>

> I'd rather not start adding methods that handle "Double[]" args.
>
> If the feature is deemed useful, we could add a utility in "MathArrays":
> ---CUT---
>   public double[] convert(Double[] a) { /* ... */ }
> ---CUT---
>
> But I'd think that it is more of a "Lang" feature.
>

> Best reagards,
> Gilles

I fully agree with Gilles.

Otmar