Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2009/12/11 19:32:07 UTC

java dependency hell: was Re: code coverage report for ofbiz run-tests call

The coverage stuff I have done for ofbiz is based on the method I did
it for webslinger.  I wrote a shim to allow for other coverage tools
to be used, then wrote a classpath/jar walker to find all classes
matching a particular pattern, a dynamic temporary classloader to load
the instrumenter, then a concrete implementation that uses Cobertura.

I can check everything in, including a build.xml tweak, but can't add
the cobertura library itself.

So, with that out of the way, here's my current headache.

cobertura-1.9.1 does not handle annotation definitions(@interface) in
java files.  1.9.3 does.  However, that requires upgrading from
asm-2.2.3 to asm-3.2.  But then groovy fails, 1.6.0-1.6.7 still use
asm-2.2.3.  Groovy has to be upgraded to 1.7-rc-2.  But then
webslinger fails, 'cuz it has direct links to asm, cobertura, and groovy.

I've done the webslinger side, and my test cases pass, still have to
upgrade the ofbiz stuff.

ps: I love java :|

Re: java dependency hell: was Re: code coverage report for ofbiz run-tests call

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Adam Heath wrote:
> The coverage stuff I have done for ofbiz is based on the method I did
> it for webslinger.  I wrote a shim to allow for other coverage tools
> to be used, then wrote a classpath/jar walker to find all classes
> matching a particular pattern, a dynamic temporary classloader to load
> the instrumenter, then a concrete implementation that uses Cobertura.
>
> I can check everything in, including a build.xml tweak, but can't add
> the cobertura library itself.
>
> So, with that out of the way, here's my current headache.
>
> cobertura-1.9.1 does not handle annotation definitions(@interface) in
> java files.  1.9.3 does.  However, that requires upgrading from
> asm-2.2.3 to asm-3.2.  But then groovy fails, 1.6.0-1.6.7 still use
> asm-2.2.3.  Groovy has to be upgraded to 1.7-rc-2.  But then
> webslinger fails, 'cuz it has direct links to asm, cobertura, and groovy.
>
> I've done the webslinger side, and my test cases pass, still have to
> upgrade the ofbiz stuff.
>
> ps: I love java :|

You didn't have any plans for this weekend anyway, right?