Posted to scm-users@maven.apache.org by Torbjørn Vatn <to...@bekk.no> on 2008/06/20 12:19:41 UTC

Issues with mvn-scm-providers-git

I'm having some issues getting this provider to work sadly. So far I've
tried this:

1. git cloning http://ns1.backwork.net/git/maven-scm-providers-git.git^
and running mvn clean install
2. vim'ing into
.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/scm/maven-scm-providers/1.0/maven-scm-providers-1.0.pom
and adding <module>maven-scm-providers-git</module> in the modules
section of the file.
3. Adding this to my projects pom.xml:
<scm>
<connection>scm:git:git://github.com/torbjornvatn/fitnesse-pom-widget.git</connection>
<url>scm:git:git://github.com/torbjornvatn/fitnesse-pom-widget.git</url>
</scm>
4. running scm:status only gives my the error message:
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot run status command :
Embedded error: Can't load the scm provider.
No such provider: 'git'.

Can anyone give my some pointers to what I'm doing wrong. I'm a big fan
of git and really wants to get this maven provider working.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Torbjørn

Re: Issues with mvn-scm-providers-git

Posted by Kim Pepper <ki...@mootermedia.com>.
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:58 AM, Kim Pepper
> <kim.pepper@mootermedia.com <ma...@mootermedia.com>> wrote:
>
>     Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
>>

>>     On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:19 PM, Torbjørn Vatn
>>     <torbjorn.vatn@bekk.no <ma...@bekk.no>> wrote:
>>
>>         I'm having some issues getting this provider to work sadly.
>>         So far I've tried this:
>>
>>         1. git cloning
>>         http://ns1.backwork.net/git/maven-scm-providers-git.git^ and
>>         running mvn clean install
>>         2. vim'ing into
>>         .m2/repository/org/apache/maven/scm/maven-scm-providers/1.0/maven-scm-providers-1.0.pom
>>         and adding <module>maven-scm-providers-git</module> in the
>>         modules section of the file.
>>

>>     why? you don't need to do it and it's a bad practice to modify
>>     released POM
>>

>>         3. Adding this to my projects pom.xml:
>>         <scm>
>>         <connection>scm:git:git://github.com/torbjornvatn/fitnesse-pom-widget.git
>>         <http://github.com/torbjornvatn/fitnesse-pom-widget.git></connection>
>>         <url>scm:git:git://github.com/torbjornvatn/fitnesse-pom-widget.git
>>         <http://github.com/torbjornvatn/fitnesse-pom-widget.git></url>
>>         </scm>
>>

>>     3.1 Add scm plugin in your POM and add to it the git provider
>>     dependency so the plugin will know this new provider.
>>
>     Can you give an example snippet from a pom.xml? I've also tried
>     this unsuccessfully and couldn't find any examples.
>

> <build>
>   <plugins>
>     <plugin>
>       <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>       <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
>       <dependencies>
>         <dependency>
>           <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
>           <artifactId>maven-scm-provider-gitexe</artifactId>
>           <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         </dependency>
>       </dependencies>
>     </plugin>
>   </plugins>
> </build>
>

>     -- Kim

I tried using your example, but I get the error message:

    The provider given in the SCM URL could not be found: No such
provider: 'git'.

-- Kim

Re: Issues with mvn-scm-providers-git

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.