Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sachin Vishwarupe <vs...@cisco.com> on 2001/03/27 02:00:57 UTC

Problem with both TOMCAT and JRUN

Hi,
I am trying to run samples provided with soap and still struggling to run
first sample address book.

Problem with JRUN
 From browser if I try to access rpcrouter, I get the standard message
"Sorry I don't speak.."
But from command line when I try to register the service of addressbook I
get "NoSuchMetthodError"

Problem with TOMCAT
If I try to access rpcrouter from both browser and command line I get
following exception.
I have added xerces-1_2_3 in the classpath of tomcat.bat before its
original classpath.

My classpath in both the cases look like this (I tried with both JDK 1.1.8
and jdk1.3.0_02)

CLASSPATH

D:\soap\jaf-1.0.1\activation.jar;
D:\soap\javamail-1.2\mail.jar;
D:\soap\xerces-1_2_3\xerces.jar;
D:\soap\xml-soap;
D:\soap\xml-soap\lib\soap.jar;

In case of JDK 1.1.8, classes.zip was added at the start of classpath

Following is the output of http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
with tomcat

Error: 500
Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.Hashtable.put(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.setAttribute(Context.java:411)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletContextFacade.setAttribute(ServletContextFacade.java:116)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.setServletClassLoaderIntoContext(ServerHTTPUtils.java:139)
	at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.init(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:172)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sachin

Sachin Vishwarupe
Software Engineer (Enterprise Management BU)
Cisco Systems
(W) 408 853-5857
(R)  408 241-5020
Email: vsachin@cisco.com