Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/08/03 00:26:30 UTC

RE: [DISCUSS] RE: [DISCUSS] Calendar for New chair of AOO

Good point concerning closing nominations with time remaining for discussion of the candidates prior to any [VOTE].  Perhaps that can just be 7 days from the last accepted-/self-nomination or August 16, whichever is later.

I think it is prudent to find some slack in the process, in case there is anything unexpected.

 - Dennis

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
> On 03 Aug 15, at 14:25, jan i <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 3 August 2015 at 19:59, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>

>> On 08/03/2015 12:48 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>>
>>> It seems to me that so far we have only one candidate.
>>> Given the actual situation I'd prefer us to consider the option to speed
>>> this up.
>>>
>>> We have many things to do, ranging from the Digital signing to go out with
>>> a new release, if we can close this we could probably focus on technical
>>> matters only.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a problem to speed up this process?
>>>

>> A big +1 from me, although I'm neither a committer nor a PMC member, I am
>> a director, and would love to see AOO move past this road block, and
>> potential source of controversy, and on to doing what the project was
>> chartered to do.
>>
> +1 from me, provided the PMC is in agreement on it.
>
> Please remember the original date was 16 August, so there might be
> candidates out there waiting (just like Dennis was not nominated the first
> day).
>
> In case the PMC decides to close for more candidates, I suggest a 72 hour
> (+weekend if needed) lazy consensus, and then I can make the needed
> resolution to board,
> we might even make it to the August board meeting.
>
> rgds
> jan i.

+1 to sooner over later.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
A member of the PMC has objected to changing the date for closing nominations, leaving it at August 16.

I think that is a sufficient basis for leaving things as they are.  I am aligned with that too.

 - Dennis

it seems there are different opinions on how to handle the rest of the
chair election process.

I suggested a timeline, in the beginning, but I cannot see consensus, so I
will not change the timeline,
[ ... ]

Re: [DISCUSS] RE: [DISCUSS] Calendar for New chair of AOO

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi

it seems there are different opinions on how to handle the rest of the
chair election process.

I suggested a timeline, in the beginning, but I cannot see consensus, so I
will not change the timeline,
however if any other PMC member wants to do it, then I am positive as long
as we have a solution no
later than the september board meeting.

An alternative (not my preference) could be to start the vote now until
e.g. september 15th, in the understanding that if a second (or more)
candidate turns up, the vote is restarted.

rgds
jan i.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
[top posting]