Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/09/23 21:52:41 UTC

[DISCUSS/PROPOSAL] More Karaf services usage

Hi all,

I'm working on the addition of a set of new Karaf MBeans.

The purpose of these MBeans is to give the same actions that can be
performed with the shell commands.

Regarding this, I saw that a lot of logics are implemented in the
commands itself, shipping some util classes.

It means that the code is not really re-usable, and the only workaround
is code duplication.

For Karaf 3.0 (or 3.1), I propose to refactore a maximum of things to
use services. The logic is implemented in the service, and, for
instance, shell commands and MBeans could use this service.
More over, it means that we can completely change the implementation
without updating the commands or MBeans.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS/PROPOSAL] More Karaf services usage

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Sounds good.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
yeah, I'm a fan of DRY so I just can repeat Jamie and Ioannis,
kind of ironic here ;)

regards, Achim

--
-----

OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>  Committer & Project Lead

Re: [DISCUSS/PROPOSAL] More Karaf services usage

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.