Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Kyle Nusbaum <kn...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2016/01/22 23:49:14 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Repo cleanup

Please check out this jira and let me know what you all think. I won't take any action until I get some responses here.

Even if I get positive reaction here, I'm going to leave it up to the owners of the unmerged branches to take care of them. I will only delete merged branches.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1497
 -- Kyle

Re: [DISCUSSION] Repo cleanup

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Since the github repo is read-only, I think this has to be an INFRA ticket.

It would probably be best to come up with a complete list of branches to delete so it can be done in one shot by INFRA.

-Taylor

Re: [DISCUSSION] Repo cleanup

Posted by Kyle Nusbaum <kn...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Great.

I quit deleting branches from the ASF repo before I got too far because I noticed github wasn't mirroring the deletes.

Taylor, do you have access to any special tool to do stuff like this, or should I file a ticket with infra?

I deleted the following branches from the ASF repo before stopping:
STORM-633
STORM-648
STORM-651
STORM-1153-V1