Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Batranut Bogdan <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2014/11/28 12:14:12 UTC

Date Tiered Compaction Strategy and collections

Hello all,
If one has a table like this:id text,ts timestampvalues list<text>
PK (id,ts)

How will the DTCS work? I am asking this because the writeTime() function does not work on collections.

Re: Date Tiered Compaction Strategy and collections

Posted by Eric Stevens <mi...@gmail.com>.
The underlying write time is still tracked for each value in the collection
- it's part of how conflict resolution is managed - but it's not exposed
through CQL.