Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by sc...@consultant.com on 2010/08/31 13:30:19 UTC

EventLogAppender writing to dedicated event file - is this possible?

Hi,
 Concerning the log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender what does the tag <param name="LogName" value = "myApp"> do exactly? Does it write to a dedicated event log folder called: "myApp" or does it always write to the "Application" event log with Source called: "myapp".

 In other words, can the EventLogAppender write to a dedicated event log file inside the event viewer? I ask as I'm experiencing difficulties doing just that and hence am wondering am I barking up the wrong tree? Anyone with any experience of doing just that and any difficulties experience would be most useful.

 I'm a bit confused can you assist pls?
Thanks,
S.